Welcome to Shiba...What?

I chose that name because that was probably the first thing I said when I heard about the breed. And, I get that quite often when I have the girls out and they meet new people. Most people have never heard of the breed, although we do occasionally run into someone who actually knows what they are! I do know one thing and that is Shiba owners love to see other Shibas and read about other Shibas. I recently came across I Am Shiba and within a few days, read the whole blog. Many times I found myself laughing so hard I was on the verge of tears. LOL While not every dog is the same, there are enough similarities. Through this blog, I would love to share how I came to have these two beautiful girls, what we have been though and what we are up to. Occasionally even the girls will add their input, they can be very opinionated you know.


Friday, April 30, 2010

Vicious Miko and the Alligator roll.

We always have great fun with Sami and Miko.  Today it was Miko's turn.  It was very warm today and that would probably explain why she was laying on the hard kitchen floor instead of her bed.  She always gets into the funniest sleeping positions. 

So, she was sleeping against the doorway and Evanita pulled her upper lip back to reveal her "smile"  LOL  And she will just keep it there.  So, I go and get my camera.  She really looks like a vicious dog here, but we know better.

We decide to have a little more fun.  We bring in one of their favorite toys, the Alligator and place it on her.  The Alligator is a really neat toy.  We have found out that they seem to prefer the bigger toys.  They are after all, big dogs in little bodies.  Also, it makes it a lot safer to play with them as they tend to jump and grab the toy.  The Alligators body is flat and has 16 squeekers in it and there is also a rattle in the head.  You probably can't see it, but one of the nostrels has been chewed off.  LOL


This toy is especially good when you have two dogs.  Sometimes they play tug-of-war with it.  It's kind of funny when you go toy shopping with them.  You hold toys out to them and they just don't seem that interested in anything.  So, I just have to use my judgement when buying toys.  If it looks like something they would like, I just buy it.  And, usually after all the tags come off, they are really ready to check out and play with their new toy.

Two are more fun then one.

1 comment:

  1. I still think it looks like she's got one of those little kid smiles where the kid is going "Cheeeeeese...Moooooommmm are you done taking the photo yet can I stop smiling like this Mooooommmmm"

    ReplyDelete