Welcome to Shiba...What?

I chose that name because that was probably the first thing I said when I heard about the breed. And, I get that quite often when I have the girls out and they meet new people. Most people have never heard of the breed, although we do occasionally run into someone who actually knows what they are! I do know one thing and that is Shiba owners love to see other Shibas and read about other Shibas. I recently came across I Am Shiba and within a few days, read the whole blog. Many times I found myself laughing so hard I was on the verge of tears. LOL While not every dog is the same, there are enough similarities. Through this blog, I would love to share how I came to have these two beautiful girls, what we have been though and what we are up to. Occasionally even the girls will add their input, they can be very opinionated you know.


Friday, April 16, 2010

Ouch!!!

I guess I should have known that it was going to happen, sooner or later. I should know that after hitting the half century mark last year, I should try to be a little more careful. But, that isn’t always easy when you don’t feel that old. Here’s how it happened.


When Evanita and I take the dogs out together, we often make it a little game to see who can get to the house first. Who’s dog actually gets inside the door first. And, there is often some cheating involved, like blocking the other dog or grabbing the other dogs leash so your dog can get inside first. LOL Also, it’s not always a good idea to run across the yard when it’s dark. We have many trees in our yard and there is always some kind of branch or twig that you can trip on. And, the dogs in the 3 years have dug a few small holes that you can trip in. During the day when it’s light, it’s easy to miss them, but I always try to keep the holes in mind if I’m running back to the house at night, even with the security lights on.

So, we take the dogs out and Sami usually gets her business done first. So, I take advantage of that to get the head start to the house. We sprint across the yard and make it to the stairs and that’s when it happened. Not exactly sure just how it happened though. The beginning happened so fast I’m not sure if I tripped going up the cement stairs onto the cement porch or if I just lost my balance. But down I went and then it was slow motion.

I’m sure my right knee hit first as it hurts the worst. Then the left knee and then I think I tried to save myself with my right hand and then the left hand. I did manage to roll to the right to keep from hitting my face on the cement porch. Must have been quite the sight! LOL So, I’m laying on my right side, both knees and hands stinging really bad and Sami is just looking at me like, what happened? What are you doing down here? LOL I finally manage to get back up and get inside. I sure hope the neighbors next door didn’t see that, they probably got quite the laugh!

Evanita and Miko have not yet begun to start back up to the house, so I go inside to survey the damage. Both palms and knees are a little skinned up, but thankfully no bleeding. I’m sure I will really be stiff in the morning. Evanita and Miko finally get to the house and here Miko just about got herself a bunny! Evanita took Miko around the Lilac bush and this bunny darted out in front of her. I’m sure Miko was wishing her leash was just a little bit longer. LOL

Two is more fun then one.

No comments:

Post a Comment