Welcome to Shiba...What?

I chose that name because that was probably the first thing I said when I heard about the breed. And, I get that quite often when I have the girls out and they meet new people. Most people have never heard of the breed, although we do occasionally run into someone who actually knows what they are! I do know one thing and that is Shiba owners love to see other Shibas and read about other Shibas. I recently came across I Am Shiba and within a few days, read the whole blog. Many times I found myself laughing so hard I was on the verge of tears. LOL While not every dog is the same, there are enough similarities. Through this blog, I would love to share how I came to have these two beautiful girls, what we have been though and what we are up to. Occasionally even the girls will add their input, they can be very opinionated you know.


Thursday, July 22, 2010

Our good deed for the day

Yesterday morning we went for our usual walk around the back way by the park.  When we got back to our street, that is when I started seeing things strewn along the side of the road.  There was a plastic bag that looked like it had cosmetics in it.  There were several small tubes of what looked like lotion.  There was one big bottle of lotion, some perfume, then a hat, some gum and what looked like an unwrapped McDonald's toy.  It was when I saw the plastic huggie container containing baby wipes that I suspected that someone had been walking a stroller down the street and the stuff fell out.  Later, I found a cheap mens sports watch which I took inside.

Later that day after I got up, I found out the couple down the street had had their car broken into and a diaper bag which she also used as purse was stolen.  The watch was one of the items that was in the bag. 

So, this morning on our walk, I got to this point in the road that looked like someone had slammed their brakes and then there were two trails that led down to the park area, like someone had gone off road.  I had noticed this yesterday morning, so the girls and I decided to investigate the park. 

The first thing we found was some papers and a few store cards.  Not credit cards, but the kind of cards that get you discounts, like a frequent shopper kind of card.  Then I saw something on the other side of the park and we went over there, but it was just some junk food wrappers.  Then I spied something that looked like money and went over there and found a $5 dollar bill and a set of car keys.

I knew of this one area that lead into the woods and just before we got on the path, I found a small coin purse.  Inside was a bank card and a drivers license.  When I pulled out the license, I expected to see the one ladies face, but no, it was someone else in the neighborhood.  So, we walked down to her house.

She was ecstatic to get her things back, the keys and money were hers also.  She said I saved her a ton of money as she was just getting ready to go to the dealer to get her locks tumbled and new keys made.  Here her car had been broken into the same night as the other one.  She had spent the day yesterday getting a new license and new bank card, but she felt so much better knowing that someone else did not have the old ones.

It was very rewarding to find these items, I just wish we could have found the other ladies wallet that had her license and credit cards in it.  I took them down to show them where I found the other stuff, but we didn’t find anything else.  Hopefully it will show up.

Two are more fun then one.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm so glad to hear that some of the items were found. It must've been a great adventure for the shibas to hunt through the neighborhood looking for secret items... It's almost like geocaching, but more meaningful!

    ReplyDelete