Welcome to Shiba...What?

I chose that name because that was probably the first thing I said when I heard about the breed. And, I get that quite often when I have the girls out and they meet new people. Most people have never heard of the breed, although we do occasionally run into someone who actually knows what they are! I do know one thing and that is Shiba owners love to see other Shibas and read about other Shibas. I recently came across I Am Shiba and within a few days, read the whole blog. Many times I found myself laughing so hard I was on the verge of tears. LOL While not every dog is the same, there are enough similarities. Through this blog, I would love to share how I came to have these two beautiful girls, what we have been though and what we are up to. Occasionally even the girls will add their input, they can be very opinionated you know.


Monday, March 29, 2010

The Worm Walk

As reported by Sami.

Well, our walks are continuing, weather permitting.  For the most part it has been warm enough, but we've been getting some rain.  I wouldn't say I hate getting my feet wet, I just don't like to slop around in the mud or stand in driving rain.  When the weather is bad, I get my business done fast and I'm ready to go in.  Miko on the other hand, just hates going out in the bad weather and Mom says she would rather stand out in the rain looking as wet and pathetic as possible than get her business done.  And, when we come in, we have to stand on the towels for a few minutes to absorb the water in our paws so we don't track mud all over the house.

Well, we got more rain yesterday and luckily it quit over night and we were able to go for our morning walk.  When Mom gets home, she takes me outside as I'm on medicine that makes me drink more water.  Miko, if she knows we are going for a walk, she would rather wait until after we eat to go potty.  So, Mom takes me outside, then feeds us breakfast and gives us our medicine and then we get our harnesses on for our walk.

We always go the back way so we can go out in the park area and sniff around.  We follow the scents of animals that have come this way and also check out all the trees and sign posts.  The park is still pretty flooded from all the rain we've been getting, so it will probably be some time before we can fully investigate the park.  So, we just check things out from the side of the road.  I don't notice, but Mom has been avoiding stepping on something out in the street.  We finally make it down to the main park area and Miko finally decides to get her business done.

So, we are heading back home and now there are houses on both sides of the street so we have to stay in the street now.  Our Mom doesn't believe in letting us go in someone elses yard.  But don't worry, our neighborhood is very quiet and not too many cars go down the streets.  That is when I see it.  A big worm in the middle of the street.  Mom must not have seen me checking it out and I can't help myself and I roll around on the worm.  Okay, she gets disgusted and pulls me off the worm, but wait, there is another one and then another one, they are everywhere!  Now she is having problems keeping me off the worms, saying it's like walking through a land mine.  She's trying hard to avoid the worms, but I manage to roll around on a couple more before we get home.

We finally get in the house and Miko must have been feeling pretty good since she got her business done and she started it, the Shiba 500.  She turns into a mad dog and starts barking at me and getting into the play stance.  Then she charges at me and we jump up at each other with teeth flashing and making all kinds of noise.  The Moms are laughing at us.  We chase each other in and out of the kitchen and the dining room and Miko starts digging on the area rug in the dining room and then grabs it like shes going to do the table clothe trick.  We charge each other again with teeth flashing and pretty soon, it's all over and we are out of energy and ready for our morning nap.  Got to recharge for our afternoon walk!

Two is more fun then one.

No comments:

Post a Comment