Welcome to Shiba...What?

I chose that name because that was probably the first thing I said when I heard about the breed. And, I get that quite often when I have the girls out and they meet new people. Most people have never heard of the breed, although we do occasionally run into someone who actually knows what they are! I do know one thing and that is Shiba owners love to see other Shibas and read about other Shibas. I recently came across I Am Shiba and within a few days, read the whole blog. Many times I found myself laughing so hard I was on the verge of tears. LOL While not every dog is the same, there are enough similarities. Through this blog, I would love to share how I came to have these two beautiful girls, what we have been though and what we are up to. Occasionally even the girls will add their input, they can be very opinionated you know.


Sunday, February 28, 2010

Snow, snow, go away…….

Well, it looks like winter may be losing it’s grip. While we are still getting days in the 30’s with a chance of snow flurries, over the next couple days it’s supposed to get warmer. At the end of 10 days, it’s supposed to be 46 degrees! Not exactly shorts weather, but I’ll take it!

I’m not much of a cold weather person. Before I got the girls, I only went outside to go to the store or work. So, I really didn’t get used to the cold weather. Since we don’t have a fenced in yard, I have to go out several times a day with the girls. I think it helps me get more acclimated to the weather. Plus, the girls love the snow so much, it has actually helped me enjoy the snow more.

The first big snow of the year is always fun. When I open the door and they see what is outside, they get really excited! Miko loves to attack anything sticking out of the snow and Sami just loves to plunge her whole head into it. I’m sure they will miss all the snow, I will not. LOL

Here is a video I took a few days ago of Evanita and the girls out in the snow. Towards the end of the video you will see a little squabble. For you Shiba owners, you know exactly what they are doing. To the untrained eye, it looks like they are fighting, but this is merely play. They love to wrestle with each other. There is a lot of noise and teeth flashing that goes with it. Usually it only lasts for a few seconds, but sometimes if they are feeling really energetic, it can last for a few minutes, usually in association with the Shiba 500.

Two is more fun then one.

No comments:

Post a Comment